Thursday

Valentines Day

Despite being a really soppy, romantic at heart, I do not believe that Valentines Day should be the only day to show the one you love how much you care; every day should be an expression of your love. Saying this, I rejoice in an excuse to write heart-felt messages in cards, buy presents and eat wonderful food!

This Valentines Day, I set a £10 limit. Last year, I had a full-time job and enjoyed the luxury of receiving a nice pay package at the end of each month; I bought my Valentine a mug with a sexy boyfriend poem on it and tickets for John Bishop. I was spoilt with roses, a Pandora charm and a meal at a fabulous Italian restaurant. This year, as a full-time student once again, I decided expensive and extravagant presents were not necessary. I treated my Valentine to a book, some home-made truffles and a home-made card.








Although the price limit was established long before the big day, my Valentine seemed to conveniently forget and treated me to flowers and tickets to the opera in Prague...I'm not complaining though!! This was the best Valentines present I could have hoped for and, as I wrote in the card, I'd love to see how it is topped next year.

Instead of eating out, my Valentine and I decided to cook a romantic meal for two; aubergine parcels, Chinese 5-spiced salmon in a lemon and dill sauce with spinach and asparagus followed by key lime pie, accompanied with Pilsner, to further our Czech experience.








I will reveal the lovely recipes for the truffles and the delightful 3 course meal later in the week. 

I hope you all had a fabulous Valentines Day, whether with a partner, friends or family.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious, I absolutely love asparagus.

    x
    Valentina de Pertis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a delicious but easy dish to make, I'll post the recipe this week. Hope you had a lovely V Day too x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...