Tuesday

Rachel's Rocky Road

I fell in love with rocky road when a friend of mine made it for me in first year of university - it just tasted divine!


3 years later, I decided to make it for myself. It is my boyfriends favourite and is a guilty pleasure of mine and my friends.


It is very easy to make and everyone loved it - my boyfriend, flat mates and their boyfriends and my work colleagues.



To make 'Rachel's Rocky Road', you will need:

300g dark chocolate (I used Green and Blacks)
125g soft butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
200g rich tea biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
120g raisins
2 teaspoons of icing sugar (note, teaspoon and not tablespoon - I used a tablespoon and my rocky road looked like it has been snowed on too!!)

1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl over a boiling saucepan. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. Leave to melt, stirring occasionally.
2. Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and bash a bit with a rolling pin. You want a mixture of sizes, both crumbs and pieces of biscuit.
3. Fold biscuit pieces, marshmallows, raisins into the chocolate mixture, reserving about 1/4 of the chocolate for later, until all is covered with the luxurious chocolate sauce.


4. Tip the gooey, delicious mixture into a foil tin and flatten as best you can. Pour the reserved chocolate mixture on top and smooth out as evenly as you can.


5. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
6. Take out of the fridge about 20-30 minutes before you want to eat, it will be softer and easier to cut. Sprinkle the icing sugar over the top and cut into approximately 24 pieces.
7. Enjoy and don't feel guilty!!!


I'm going to experiment soon with white chocolate rocky road, so watch this space!

If you like this, you'll love my triple chocolate brownies.


4 comments:

  1. these look delicious! I shall have to make some! x

    http://thetwiningvine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look scrummy. Have you tried them with cherries and coconut they are delicious.

    http://dawntheconstantcrafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea, I will have to try it. Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. These were pure heaven ! Melt in your mouth delights!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...